Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"Sometimes its all about survival..."


Today is a going in to work tonight day!

Savannah and I's week is often defined by going to work days and coming off of work days (which are quite different). The first being defined by attempts to get preemptive sleep, the later by trying to get periods of necessary sleep for sanity.
This is a huge part of our inability to have a real schedule. I sleep when Savannah sleeps, so if she gets tired after 1.5 hrs awake so be it, I welcome the early nap. If she decides to nap long, I don't even realize it, cause hello I'm asleep too!

My pediatrician put it very appropriately as she was giving us the speech about the importance of good sleep and routine..."Sometimes its all about survival!"

So today is about survival, we both slept from 8-10am, not an ideal nap time. But she was up at 6 and made it for 2 hrs awake. Im sure we will sleep again somewhere around 1230/1.

I have to take comfort in the fact that she is growing and healthy. She will one day appreciate the bonding time we have had together. I say this as I'm forcing tummy time on her and she has scooted forward off the bobby and has face planted with her feet in the air! I need to add that she is snorting at me so I will pick her up. I would have missed this if I decided to have a normal life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment