Monday, April 4, 2011

Lessons




This past weekend we were able to take a trip to Bristol VA to see my paternal grandparents. This was a weekend of firsts. My grandmother is pretty sick and we really wanted her to meet Savannah for the first time. This was also the first time that my husband had met my Dad's side of the family. Several of my cousins and their children along with my parents were able to come too. And to top it off, this was Savannah's first road trip/hotel stay. I decided to sum up this weekend in lessons that we learned about life, family, and everything in between.

1. Savannah is not a baby who likes to travel at night. Every time she fell asleep she wanted to turn over and started screaming when she couldn't.

2. Chris is no longer plagued with car sickness. We didn't medicate him and he didn't have one pang of nausea!

3. It is hilarious to have your children and their cousins see pictures of you and your cousins when you were their ages.

4. I am still severely allergic to cats. Thank-you to my cousin for Zyrtec!

5. It is quite profound to sit beside a woman (my grandma Jo) who is so fulfilled spiritually that she has completely accepted her own mortality. I have spent time with many, many patients who were dying and have never met someone so at peace with the inevitable.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good visit! Give my love to mom and dad <3

    ReplyDelete